This year Internet Week Denmark will be held completely online. The Virtual Experience gives you the option of choosing various “stages” – similar to a music festival – that is available for anyone to access. You can participate in everything from IWDK curated ‘Trust & Tech’ themed summits to an endless diverse ocean of webinar-like events with niche perspectives on the world of tech.
You will find a description of the 4 stages here. Whether or not we collect data about you is not dependant on which stage your participation relates to. Rather, the extent of how we share and use data, is different, depending on the stage, and will also involve differences in relation to the external parties that are able to access and use your personal data for their own purposes.
DigitalLead is the data controller
DigitalLead, Åbogade 15, 8200 Aarhus N, CVR no. 41353090 (“DigtalLead”, “we” or “us”), is the data controller in connection with the processing of the personal data that we collect about you, when you visit our website www.iwdk.dk, take part in an event, either as a participant, organizer, partner and/or speaker and sign up for our newsletter.
We make sure that your personal data is stored and processed in accordance with the law. This policy explains how we do that and your individual rights as the data subject.
If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, or if you wish to exercise your individual rights as described below, please contact us at:
8200 Aarhus N, Denmark
For the avoidance of doubt, DigitalLead
Categories of personal data and processing purpose
We limit our collection, storage, and processing of personal data to situations where the processing is necessary fora specific purpose, i.e., for the purposes of:
- providing you with access to our website and the Virtual IWDK experience:
- registration and activation of your user account on our website and on the stages available as part of the Virtual IWDK experience:
- your interaction with us, for instance, via e-mail correspondence in relation to our existing contractual relationship or the establishment or termination of such;
- providing information regarding a presentation, webinar and/or speech which you have accepted to give as part of IWDK;
- sending newsletters which you actively subscribe to on our website, and general marketing of IWDK;
- adhering to applicable law, namely retaining bookkeeping material pursuant to applicable bookkeeping rules and compliance with laws and requests from a government bodies and/or courts;
- recording and uploading both live and pre-taped events; and
- providing public authorities, in particular the Danish Business Authority and Aarhus Municipality, with information on the number of attendees as part of a contractual obligation undertaken by DigitalLead.
The personal data that we collect about you will typically include your name, address, telephone number and email address, which we may receive as part of the regular course of correspondence, i.e., through phone or e-mail, or during registration of your account.
Further, we offer signup and association of your account with social media profiles. In any case you also able to add a profile picture to your account, by which nature, we will also process this information.
In connection with specific events where you act as the speaker, we will also record you and your presentation, which will be kept on the platform for future use and reference.
Lastly, when you use the website, we collect personal data from you through cookies data for the purpose of:
- improving our services, including the IWDK platform.
DigitalLead does not process special categories of personal data (sensitive personal data) about you.
Our legal basis the abovementioned processing activities are split between different grounds within the GDPR, which can be described in the following manner:
- a) is necessary in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into an agreement regarding provision of access to our website and in particular the IWDK Platform, see GDPR art. 6(1)(b);
- b through d) is to perform the contract entered into between you and us, see GDPR article 6(1)(b) or because it is our legitimate interest to provide access to IWDK as a virtual experience, see GDPR article 6(1)(f);
- e) because it is in our legitimate interest to market IWDK and subsidiary services provided by our partners, etc., see GDPR article 6(1)(f);
- f and h) are necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are a subject, including the Danish Bookkeeping Act, etc., see GDPR article 6(1)(c).
- g) firstly, our legitimate interest in providing your talk in accessible format, see GDPR article 6(1)(f), and your consent to record and store the talk which you have given, see GDPR article 6(1)(a)
- i) it is in our legitimate interest to improve our services, including the IWDK Platform, etc., see GDPR article 6(1)(f);
Recipients of your personal data
Where relevant, we may disclose or transfer your personal data to affiliates, vendors, business partners or other collaborators for business purposes, including hosting and maintenance of the IWDK website, and the Virtual IWDK21 experience.
Furthermore, event organizers on the community stage will be able to access your data directly for their own purposes.
However, certain recipients process personal data on behalf of us and may only process your personal data in accordance with our instructions. These third parties are not permitted to process your personal data for their own purposes.
Transfer of personal data to third countries (outside EU/EEA)
In certain cases, your personal data may be transferred to a country outside of EU/EEA, for instance, to one of our affiliates or vendors. We will that such transfer will be carried out in accordance with the applicable data protection laws. This entails that any party outside of EU/EEA that comes in possession of your personal data must ensure an adequate level of protection, for example, by entering into the EU standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the relevant information on third country transfers by contacting us on the abovementioned contact information.
Storage of your personal data
We will only store your personal data as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for the processing of your data. In particular related to the abovementioned storage of data related to
If there is an actual or potential legal dispute with the company you are employed at, your personal data will be retained as long as necessary for these purposes. Hereafter, such personal data will be deleted.
In case your personal data is necessary for bookkeeping purposes, we will store your personal data for five (5) years from the year of which the accounting material relate in accordance with the special rules on retention of bookkeeping material in the Danish Bookkeeping Act.
Our data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated above.
In addition to the Data Controller, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of the site (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by Internet Week Denmark. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Data Controller at any time.
We have taken the necessary and adequate steps in order to protect your personal data and ensure your rights as a data subject.
As a data subject you have a number of rights (listed below). Please note that certain limitations may apply to your ability to exercise these rights, for example, when your right to obtain the information is found to be overwritten by essential considerations of private interests.
Taking these limitations into account, you have the following rights:
- right of access to the personal data that we have stored concerning you;
- right to rectify inaccurate personal data concerning you, including completion of incomplete personal data;
- right to erasure; meaning that upon your request, we must – under certain circumstances – erase the personal data stored concerning you if we do not have grounds for further processing;
- right to restrict our processing of personal data concerning you;
- right to data portability, for instance, to receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, if specific requirements are met;
- right to object at any time about our processing of personal data concerning you.
In case you have given your consent, you have the right to withdraw your former consent at any time. In such case your withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of our processing based on the consent you have provided before your withdrawal.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights, you are welcome to contact us by using the above-mentioned contact details.
To learn more about your rights as a data subject, see the Danish Data Protection Agency’s guidance, which is available on www.datatilsynet.dk.
Right to complain
If you want to complain about our processing of your personal data, you may file a complaint with the Danish Data Protection Agency:
The Danish Data Protection Agency
Carl Jacobsens Vej 35,
2500 Valby, Denmark
Phone number: +45 33 19 32 00
Last amendment 12 April 2021