DokkX is a permanent exhibition of technology funded by the City Council of Aarhus Municipality.
At DokkX, citizens can get advice and guidance so that they can acquire the right technologies and tools that support an independent and active life. One can explore reality with VR glasses. You can try out technologies and aids for people with disabilities and handicaps. You can get tips and tricks for welfare technologies that improve everyday life.
DokkX is also a space for innovation, where educational and research institutions, business, Aarhus Municipality and the city’s citizens can collaborate to develop the technological solutions of the future.
The goal is for people to be able to manage on their own and improve with the help of technology.
Key take aways:
- How welfare and assistive technology can empower the individual and society
- The current exhibition focuses on the welfare technology initiatives that the corona crisis has resulted in.
The exhibition: Ready for the next pandemic – with welfare technology presents:
- Digital training platforms and apps you can use to do workout at home
- Measuring devices you can use to monitor your own health condition
- Systems for home care so that unnecessary visits to the doctor or the hospital can be avoided
- Social platforms you can use to stay in touch with your friends and family
- Assistive technologies that make you more self-reliant in everyday life